Friday, February 15, 2013

Random Happenings

For an update on the Gator's quilt, a friend of mine who is very skilled at sewing looked at it and said that she can fix it. According to her, the background fabric is the problem.  Fabric that fray a lot should be surged on the ends after the seams have been sewn together.  To fix the quilt, a hook thingy that sews from the inside (I think) will fix the ripped seems. Next Tuesday, I am scheduled to go over to her place to have it fixed. I will take photo's and have all of the correct terms for posting. This news made me feel a million times better about the issue.

 

I am participating in the Virtual Quilting Bee hosted by Amy over at Diary of A Quilter. There are a lot of great sew-along's and bee's to join.  I've been a little overwhelmed with trying to decide if I would join in on the fun. This one will be the best fit for me I think.  We will be using Happy-Go-Luck fabric from Moda. Can't wait for the details on when and where to purchase it. 

Lastly, the sewing machine has to go to the shop today. We are having serious tension issues. Hopefully, Its an easy quick fix and I can have it back by the close of business. I plan to lock myself in the room and sew all night.  

Well thats all for now. The boys and I are off to the skate park.
And know, I will not be skating.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that there was a resolution to the Gator quilt problem.

    ReplyDelete